‘We're not going to quit': Family of paramedic marks 1 year since disappearance

Family begs for info, consults psychic
Posted at 7:21 PM, Jul 05, 2017
and last updated 2017-07-05 22:55:07-04

LAKEWOOD, Colo. -- It has been almost one year since the mysterious disappearance of a young Lakewood paramedic, and investigators tell Denver7 they have hit nothing but dead ends.
His family, meanwhile, is consulting a psychic and praying for answers.

On July 22, 2016, Eric Pracht went to take out the trash. He wasn't wearing shoes. He didn't take his car. And he hasn't been seen since.

"Every holiday that passes, we miss him more and more," said his father, Randy Pracht, who has been searching almost every weekend for his son and believes someone knows where he is. "Absolutely I do. We're not going to quit until we find out who knows what."

Eric had so much to look forward to: a new fiancee, a new dream job as a paramedic and a vacation planned to Mexico. But that Friday night, Eric and his fiancee had friends over to their Lakewood home. During a heated argument, Eric went to take out the trash, and never came back.

"We do not have anything to support a crime taking place. At least, not yet," said Lakewood Police spokesperson Steve David, who said the case is very rare because after almost a year they have no leads and no idea what happened to Eric. "Phones, bank records, credit cards, you name it, and absolutely no record of anything has ever taken place on any of those things we are monitoring. In this case, we're at a dead end."

Meanwhile, family members said they even consulted a psychic who claimed that Eric had been hit by a car shortly after he left his home. The psychic told them the driver panicked and took Eric's body and dumped it 15-20 miles west.

"I don't really believe in psychics, but we will try everything," said Randy Pracht. "There is no healing going on -- for the last year, its been miserable."

Over the last year, hundreds of family members, friends and police have conducted massive searches, only to come up empty-handed.

"Thank you to all the people who have reached out to us," said Pracht. "It means a lot. We don't want him to be forgotten."

The family is planning an anniversary vigil or search in the coming weeks, and they are still offering a $10,000 rewardfor information.