The coronavirus pandemic is changing our community. And in some cases, those changes will be permanent, from business to closures to career changes for Coloradans who have been put out of work.
At Denver7, we're here to help. That's why we're starting a new series called The Rebound, our commitment to stories and reports that will help you navigate these uncertain times. Our hope is to help you relieve some of the pressure we've all felt, by showing the best ways to respond as our community recovers from the impact COVID-19.
Follow our coverage of The Rebound here. Here are five key pillars you can expect to see in our stories:
• Finding Jobs: We'll show the struggles and the success, companies that are hiring and those that are being unfair, and the companies that are getting creative and changing how they operate.
• Making Ends Meet: The pandemic will take a financial toll on Coloradans for months — and possibly years — to come. We'll show how people are being helped, how they can get help, and how they can save money in these uncertain times.
• Ensuring Programs Work as Promised: While we'll show how assistance programs are helping people, we'll also hold those programs accountable to ensure they are working as they should.
• Managing the Pressure. Aside from finances, this is just a stressful time in general. We'll share how people can cope with that stress and how Coloradans are helping others to manage it.
• The World has Changed: People are working differently, schools are teaching differently, and telecommuting has become more common. But what impact does that have on office space and the tax base? We'll show how our world has changed, and how we're adjusting to it.