Podcast listeners, there's an event that invites you to take the earbuds out for a bit and see your favorite podcasters live.
The industry’s newest festival and celebration of podcasting Now Hear This is unveiling its full daily schedule of live stage performances, including new additions from NPR’s slate of hit podcasts, for the Oct. 28-30 event in Anaheim, California.
With more than 30 performers on six stages over three days, Now Hear This offers fans the opportunity to meet their favorite top-tier podcast personalities within the comedy, pop culture, in-depth journalism and fictional storytelling genres and experience their podcasts in person through live on-stage podcast recordings.
New talent announcements include top NPR podcasts
In addition to previously announced headline performances from the hosts of popular podcasts including “WTF with Marc Maron,” “Comedy Bang! Bang!” and “Spontaneanation,” NPR will bring its talent to Now Hear This, adding some of its most beloved shows to the festival’s schedule.
• “NPR’s “How I Built This” — NPR’s newest hit podcast features “TED Radio Hour” host Guy Raz talking to innovators, entrepreneurs and idealists to uncover the stories behind the movements and businesses they built.
RELATED: Visit the Now Hear This website
• NPR’s “Pop Culture Happy Hour” — Host Linda Holmes and panelists Stephen Thompson and Glen Weldon break down which of the latest movies, books, TV and music are making them happy in a live show featuring a special guest and a pop culture quiz.
• NPR’s “Embedded” — Host Kelly McEvers will take attendees behind the scenes of her popular podcast, in which she takes a story from the news and goes deep, asking questions and gathering stories that can only be found at the front lines. Listeners will also hear an update on some of their favorite voices from the first season.
Other recent additions to the lineup include:
• “Doug Loves Movies” — Comedian Doug Benson talks about movies with his famous friends, facing them with challenges like “The Leonard Maltin Game.”
• “Bitch Sesh” — Hosts Casey Wilson and Danielle Schneider dish on the wildest moments from Bravo’s “The Real Housewives” franchise and answer audience members’ burning “Housewives” questions with super-special guests.
• “The Longest Shortest Time” — Public radio veteran Hillary Frank hosts the country’s top parenting podcast.
Full schedule by day announced
To aid festivalgoers’ weekend planning, organizers have unveiled the full schedule by day at nowhearthisfest.com/schedule. Festival performances run 7 p.m. Friday through 2:30 p.m. Sunday.
Friday: “Comedy Bang! Bang!” “The Moth,” NPR’s “How I Built This,” “Crybabies,” “Never Not Funny” and “Trumpcast.”
Saturday: “WTF with Marc Maron,” “How Did This Get Made?” “The Dinner Party Download,” “improv4humans,” “Criminal,” “Lore,” “Hello From the Magic Tavern,” “With Special Guest Lauren Lapkus,” “Superego,” NPR’s “Embedded,” NPR’s “Pop Culture Happy Hour,” “Cracked,” “Dear Prudence,” “The Gist,” “I Was There Too,” “The Brilliant Idiots,” “The Incomparable,” “Found,” “Combat Jack,” “TANIS,” “Doug Loves Movies,” “Hollywood Handbook” and “The Memory Palace.”
Sunday: “Spontaneanation,” “Jordan, Jesse, Go!” “Bitch Sesh,” “The Canon” and “The Longest Shortest Time.”
More acts will be added in the coming weeks and the schedule is subject to change.
Single-day ticket options now available
Podcast fans can purchase single-day tickets for the festival, choosing Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Single-day tickets include access to all podcast performances. Prices are $75 for Friday, $100 for Saturday and $50 for Sunday.
In addition to the single-day tickets, there are multiple tiers of three-day ticket options available, including VIP upgrades:
• Three-Day General Admission Pass: Includes access to all podcast sessions. Price: $150
• Three-Day VIP Pass: Includes all GA pass benefits, plus speed-line access into all podcast sessions; reserved seating at select podcast sessions; and meet, greet and photo opportunities with select talent. Price: $200
• Three-Day Upgraded VIP Pass: Includes all VIP pass benefits, plus breakfast with select talent on Oct. 30; access to VIP lounge with complimentary food and beverage service; and three vouchers for alcoholic or non-alcoholic refreshments. Price: $280
For full details on the festival, including talent, schedule and ticketing, visit nowhearthisfest.com.