WHEAT RIDGE, Colo. -- Kay Moore was shocked to discover a marijuana joint inside a bag of cookies she says she bought for her 3-year-old grandson at a Wheat Ridge Subway.
“The thought of him ingesting is a horrible feeling,” said Moore.
Moore says she bought the cookies from the Subway branch on 38th and Sheridan in Wheat Ridge. Instead of handing him the bag, she pulled out one of the cookies and gave it to him. She then set aside the rest for later.
“I remember I had cookies in my purse and I went to eat it and it tasted funny,” said Moore.
When Moore checked the bag, she discovered the joint inside. Kay reported the incident to police and went back to Subway to report the incident. The manager of the store apologized to Moore. The store's owner didn’t return our calls for a comment Tuesday.
Moore is speaking out in hopes of protecting others and their precious loved ones.
"For a little kid, they don't know they could put it in their mouth. They could get very sick,” said Moore.