Traveling? Many Denver metro law enforcement agencies offer vacation watch programs

Posted at 4:25 AM, Nov 15, 2016
and last updated 2016-11-15 15:17:01-05

Going on vacation this holiday season or traveling away from home?

Many law enforcement agencies in the Denver metro area offer vacation watch, or house watch programs, in which authorities will increase patrols in your neighborhood and some will even check on your house.

To sign up, some agencies request a phone call, others prefer that you fill out a form online.


Denver Police ask that you call your District Police Station to place your house on vacation watch so that officers can keep an eye on your home.


Residents call request an area watch by calling 303-627-3100.


Fill out an online form to notify the sheriff's office that your house will be unoccupied.


Residents of unincorporated Jefferson County may request a house check by calling the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office at 303-277-0211.

"Deputies will make an effort to do extra patrols, and will know how to reach you if a problem occurs while you enjoy your vacation," officials said.


Call 720-322-1101 to request extra patrols while you're on vacation.


For house watch scheduling, call the Parker Police Department at 303.841.9800 and speak to a report technician. Fill out the House Watch Request Form.


You can report a vacation watch on the the city's online citizen reporting system.


Thornton offers a vacation/extra patrol for residents on vacation or out of town for an extended time periods. The information is entered into the daily bulletin based on police districts throughout the city. Call the police desk officer at 720-977-5124. Officials said the extra patrols are only accomplished when officers are available and regulated based on call loads and other priority calls.


Arvada Police ask that you fill out a form no sooner than 7 days in advance for the city's vacation watch program.


Call the main number for Lakewood Police, 303-987-7111, and tell them you’ll be gone, so they can add an "extra patrol" on your address.


To set up a vacation house watch, please call the Greenwood Village Police Department at (303) 773-2525 or you can sign up on line.


The Cherry Hills Village Police Department's Housewatch program allows citizens to request additional police patrol of their unoccupied residential property due to vacation, relocation or other absence of the residence.


While the Broomfield Police Department does not have a formal program, residents are welcome to call dispatch at 303-438-6400. However, the police department makes no guarantees about patrol availability.


While Fort Collins Police Services does not have a vacation watch program, officials said residents are welcome to call the non-emergency number (970-221-6540) and leave their contact info in the event that something happens on the property while they’re away.


Does not currently have a vacation watch program.

While Denver7 called multiple jurisdictions, we did not reach every agency in our area. Please call your local police department or sheriff's office for their vacation watch procedures.


Sign up for Denver7 email alerts to stay informed about breaking news and daily headlines.

Or, keep up-to-date by following Denver7 on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.