Never tried snowboarding? Maybe you can take lessons from this toddler.
Zeke Andrews isn't even 2 years old and he is already hitting the slopes in Colorado and North Carolina.
A YouTube video posted by PerformanceImages1 shows Zeke riding at Copper Mountain and Appalachian Ski Mountain just before his 2nd birthday.
PerformanceImages1 offered some tips on getting young kids started, but added the disclaimer "I'm not an instructor or even that good of snowboarder myself."
- Your kid may or may not like it but why not give it a try? What's the worst that can happen? Kids are like rubber at that age.
- It takes a lot of patients and effort from the parents.
- Rent the right equipment. 80CM Burton and they make down to a size 7C boot. Put the right gear on to keep them comfortable. Even though it isn't usually associated with snowboarding we like Obermeyer.
- Older siblings are great motivation!
- Do it on the kids schedule. They might last 5 minute or they might last 2hrs. Snowball fights are important!
- Explaining things is about worthless. Try different things to get their focus. High 5's, candy, toys. At a young age HAVE FUN!!!