UPDATE | Monday, 5:55 a.m. — On Monday morning, West Metro Fire crews were dispatched back to a Roxborough home that was destroyed by a fire Saturday evening after smoke was spotted coming from the home.
DOUGLAS COUNTY, Colo. — A fire caused by a faulty propane grill left a home a total loss in the Roxborough neighborhood Saturday night. No injuries were reported.
It happened around 8 p.m. in 10300 block of Totem Run in Roxborough in unincorporated Douglas County.
Leaking propane from the faulty grill ignited, with flames extending into the house, West Metro Fire said.
West Metro used our drone on the structure fire on Totem Run in Roxborough on Saturday to provide another set of eyes. With a partial structure collapse, firefighter safety was a concern. The drone provided intel about where to place crews so that they would not be in danger. pic.twitter.com/cpqgyKMSGt— WestMetroFire (@WestMetroFire) July 18, 2021
Firefighters said the fire had to be fought from the outside after a partial structure collapse made it too dangerous to fight from the inside. The home is a total loss.
Crews were at the scene overnight putting out hot spots as pockets of heat kept rekindling, according to West Metro Fire.
The cost of the damage is unknown.