NewsLocal News


Multiple pets, including dog, cats, lizard, bird, rescued from Denver house fire

No injuries were reported
Bird rescued from Denver house fire
Posted at 5:44 AM, Nov 13, 2019
and last updated 2019-11-13 07:45:51-05

DENVER — The Denver Fire Department was able to rescue a slew of pets from a house fire early Wednesday morning.

The fire department was called out to the 4300 block of Utah Place for a fire around 2 a.m. By 2:40 a.m., the fire was mostly out, and firefighters were working on hot spots.

Firefighters were able to rescue the family’s bird, despite the large flames and heavy damage, according to Denver7’s Daryl Orr.

The father was at work at the time and a daughter was at her mother’s house. One dog, a few cats, the bird and a lizard all survived the fire.

Nobody was injured.