"Beer flights" has a nice ring to it. The concept also has a lot of fans, so says Denver International Airport, which is bringing back a temporary beer garden for a second year.
Fliers will find it in the Jeppesen Terminal starting Sept. 19. The airport will keep it open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. everyday until Sept. 27. This mini beer garden coincides with the very popular Great American Beer Festival in Denver.
“Our inaugural beer garden brought together people from different corners of the world to share stories and form new friendships as they sampled a taste of the booming Colorado craft beer scene,” airport CEO Kim Day said. “The feedback we received from passengers far exceeded our expectations, so we are excited to make ‘Beer Flights’ an annual event."
Twice as many breweries will take part this year and live music will be included.
Tickets to enter cost $10 and visitors must be at least 21-years-old. Your money earns you 10, 2-ounce samples.
Share photos of your experience with #BeerFlightsDIA.
Breweries included are:
· Avery Brewing – Liliko’i Kepolo
· Big Choice Brewing – #42 Poblano Stout
· Boulder Beer – Shake Chocolate Porter
· Bristol Brewing Company – Red Baron Octoberfest
· Crooked Stave – Colorado Wild Sage Mountain Saison
· Dry Dock Brewing Co. – Apricot Blonde
· Elevation Beer Co. – 7437 Double IPA
· Epic Brewing Co. – Escape to Colorado IPA
· Fate Brewing – Laimas Kölsch Style Ale
· Funkwerks – Tropic King Imperial Saison Ale
· Great Divide Brewing Company – Hibernation Ale
· Hall Brewing Co. – Juicy Peach Blonde
· High Hops Brewery – The Golden One
· Odell Brewing Company – Odell IPA
· Oskar Blues – Oskar Blues IPA
· Pikes Peak Brewing Co. – Devil's Head Red Ale
· Pug Ryan’s – Hideout Helles Lager
· Sanitas Brewing – Sanitas Saison
· Station 26 Brewing Co. – Colorado Cream Ale
· Telluride Brewing Co. – Fishwater Barrell-Aged Double IPA