NewsFront RangeWestminster


Double amputee displaced from Westminster apartment complex fire moving forward with faith

Two neighbors saved her life when the fire started
Posted at 4:20 PM, Jul 29, 2018

WESTMINSTER, Colo. -- A woman who is a double amputee is thankful to be alive along with her pets and son, one week after a deadly fire tore through her apartment complex in Westminster.

Kristen Bering lived inside one of the units in Building E of the Westbury Apartments that caught on fire last Sunday.

Bering credits her survival to two neighbors who broke through her window, dragged her outside and helped her escape the fire.

As she is transitioning into moving to a new apartment in Westminster in August, Bering is hoping to raise money to help pay for the medical bills of the two men who saved her life.

Watch the full story in the player above.