FIRESTONE, Colo. -- Six months since the deadly home explosion in Firestone, two oil and gas wells and a battery tank Anadarko promised to permanently remove following the tragedy are still there.
"[It's] frustrating to have been told specifically it was going to happen in July and to be looking for these trucks and then nothing's ever happened and there's never been an update about it," said homeowner Linnea Burson.
Oak Meadows neighbors said it serves as a constant reminder of what happened, and they want to see them gone.
The explosion in April killed two people and was caused by an uncapped gas line from a nearby well that had been leaking non-odorous gas into the family's home for months.
Shortly after the explosion, Anadarko shut in the wells, which means they are no longer producing gas.
"I know the well is turned off, but it would be nice to know that it’s sealed off and it's not going to be turned on again," said Burson.
A letter from Anadarko provided to homeowners, later obtained by Denver7, states work to permanently remove the wells would begin on July 17, 2017.
Months later, the wells and battery tank remain in the neighborhood.
"As we've shared with the residents in the Oak Meadows neighborhood, the well remains shut in and will never produce again," Jennifer Brice, a spokeswoman for Anadarko said in a statement. "At this time, there is pending litigation that prevents us from being able to access the site and permanently plug and abandon the well."
"I do think they've hurt our home values. Some people have sold their homes and lost money on them already," Burson said.
Burson added Anadarko has an obligation to make it right.
"Making it be a place where our kids can play and we feel that it's beautiful when you drive in and you don't see that, is a good step and something they owe us," she said.