Chemical release leaves 1 worker hospitalized

Posted at 4:20 AM, Dec 18, 2015
and last updated 2015-12-18 09:58:11-05

The Aurora Fire Department says a chemical reaction sent one worker to the hospital Friday morning.

Fire officials initially said two barrels of chlorine exploded around 3:30 a.m. Friday at 21101 East 32nd Parkway, near Interstate 70 and Smith Road.

Later, officials said there was no explosion but that an acid and oxidizer mixed creating a chemical reaction that injured the worker.

The worker was taken to the hospital while the hazardous materials team handled the situation.

Just before 8 a.m., the Fire Department tweeted that the situation was contained and there was no threat to public safety.

Google shows that address is a company called Advanced Circuits. The company's website says it makes printed circuit boards.


Sign up for Denver7 email alerts to stay informed about breaking news and daily headlines.

Or, keep up-to-date by following Denver7 on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.