No, Colorado, you didn’t win the record-breaking Powerball jackpot, but you don’t need a $1.5 billion to buy an iconic mansion that’s on the market in Vail.
This rustic estate on Ptarmigan Road only costs about $20 million.
LIV Sotheby’s International Realty tells Denver7 the seller is a famous movie and television writer, producer and director. This person, who the realtor cannot name, has entertained many celebrities at the not-so-humble abode.
PHOTOS: Vail mansion for sale by Hollywood producer
With 11,652-square-feet and 20 rooms, there’s no shortage of space for entertaining.
The home was built on the edge of Vail Golf Course in 1993. The property consists of three lots. The middle lot, in between the main house and a guesthouse, holds an in-ground pool and hot tub. Also outside are two outdoor kitchens, a fire pit, tennis court, deck and sprinkler system.
Floor-to-ceiling stone surrounds the living room fireplace. The wall next to it is made of windows that provide mountain views.
Stone continues in the kitchen, complete with stainless steel and a built-in breakfast nook.
Beyond the living area are the 9 bedrooms, accompanied by walk-in closets, and 11 designer bathrooms.
Relax at the end of the day with something from the wet bars or wine cellar.
Officially, the home runs for $19,950,000.
See more Extreme Homes of Colorado:
- Oprah reportedly buys techy Telluride mansion for ski lovers
- $4M home by Denver Country Club was originally built for Chipotle founder
- Troy Tulowitzki's 14,000-square foot house for sale in Cherry Hills Village
- Rare penthouse on Downing Streetsells for more than $5M
- The designer condo above Cherry Creek Hermès you didn't know about
- Traditional brick home in Denver's Country Club neighborhood with plenty of charm
- See Aspen's Summit House, at the top of Red Mountain, listing price $65M
- Go behind the gates of a modern and contemporary Castle Pines estate
- Inside Tom Cruise's $59M Telluride alpine estate