DENVER -- Summer's end is just around the corner, but it's not over just yet. If you were unsure about what to do in Colorado during the month of September, we hope the following list will help you plan and decide to create memorable adventures.
Check out these 45 festivals happening in Colorado during the month of September.
1. Telluride Film Festival – September 4, Telluride
Come celebrate film, community and creativity in Telluride at the Telluride Film Festival.
2. Four Corners Folks Festival – September 1 – 3, Pagosa Springs
Come and listen to Los Lobos, Bela Fleck and Abial Washburn, Sarah Jarosz and more.
3. Jazz Aspen Snowmass Labor Day Experience – September 1 – 3, Aspen
Experience the music of Maroon Five, Keith Urban and much more.
4. OHV Rally and Festival – September 1 – 3 in Lake City
All OHV vehicles will be allowed into Lake City’s historic downtown on designated streets.
5. Taste of Colorado – September 1 – 4, Denver
More than 50 restaurants from Colorado will come to Civic Center Park to showcase all the varieties of food our great state offers.
6. Wild West Air Fest – September 2, Steamboat Springs
Nationally renowned pilots will perform aerobatics and formation flying.
7. Wine Fest – September 2, Riverside Park, Salida
If you thought Colorado was all about beer, you’d be wrong. Come celebrate Colorado wineries during this festival.
8. Early Iron Festival – September 2 in Cole Park, Alamosa
More than 500 vehicles will be showcased during this vintage car show.
9. Tour de Fat – September 2, Fort Collins
This festival combines music, bikes and beer at the New Belgium Brewing Company. Tickets are $25. Pre-festival tickets available online.
10. Labor Day Liftoff – September 2 – 4, Colorado Springs
Enjoy this balloon classic and balloon glow festival in Memorial Park.
11. Commonwheel Co-op’s Labor Day Art and Craft Festival – September 2 – 4, Manitou Springs
Enjoy art, music and more at Memorial Park in Manitou Springs.
12. Harvest Festival and Balloon Rally – September 2 – 4, Windsor
There will be a balloon launch, vendors, music and more.
13. Pizza and Pints Festival Tour – September 4, Boulder
Enjoy pizza, beer, live music and lawn games.
14. Longs Peak Scottish-Irish Highland Festival – September 7 – 10, Estes Park
Jousting, piping, parade and more at theEstes Fairground and Event Center.
15. Bennett Days – September 8 – 10 in Bennett
Enjoy the Bennett Days Festival in the Town of Bennett from September 8 to 10.
16. Burning Mountain Festival – September 8 and 9, New Castle
Enjoy music, a parade, vendors and more at Burning Mountain Park in New Castle.
17. Balloon Festival in Snowmass Village, September 8 – 10, Snowmass
The Balloon Festival in Snowmass Village is touted as one of the highest-altitude balloon events in the country.
18. Apple Festival – September 9, Buena Vista
Partake in apple bobbing, pie contests, tours and more at Turner Farm in Buena Vista.
19. Harvest Beer Festival – September 9, Cortez
Enjoy music, food, a kid’s activity zone and more at Parque de Vida in Cortez.
20. Potato Day in Greeley – September, 9 Greeley
There will be a living history demonstration, music and baked potatoes at the Centennial Village Museum in Greeley.
21. Early Settlers Day – September 9, La Junta
Come on down to La Junta and enjoy a beer garden, music, food and more at City Park.
22. Chili and beer Festival – September 9, Crested Butte
If you want a taste of locally made chili, craft beer and live music, then head on to the mountains for this festival in early September.
23. High Peaks Music Festival – September 9, Westcliffe
You better get your tickets fast for the eighth annual High Peaks music festival. The festival will feature Annie Savage & the Savage Hearts Band, Dakota Blonde and more.
24. Lafayette Bew Fest – September 9, Lafayette
Don’t know much about craft beers? Would you like to learn? Thenthis festival is for you! Explore both craft and micro beers one pint at a time.
25. Colorado Artfest – September 9 and 10, Castle Rock
This juried fine arts show will showcase artists from across the country in downtown Castle Rock.
26. Fiber Festival, September 9 and 10, Salida
Looking for new fabrics for your home? You’ll find everything you need at the Fiber Festival, held in Riverside Park.
27. Festival Italiano at Belmar – September 9 and 10, Lakewood
Enjoy Italian food, wine and artisan vendors during this two-day festival.
28. Bike Festival – September 14 – 17, Salida
Are you a bike aficionado? Then you may want to head to Salida for group rides, bike films, a chainless race, a bike parade and more.
29. Fremont County Air Show – September 16, Penrose
There will be fly-ins, a parachute demonstrations and more at the Fremont County Airport.
30. Broomfield Days Community Festival – September 16, Broomfield
Enjoy great food, a parade, dozens of vendors and more in Midway Park in Broomfield.
31. Summerset Festival – September 16 and 17, Littleton
The Summerset Festival attracts more than 20,000 enthusiasts each year to Littleton. We expect this year to be no different.
32. Colorado Mountain Winefest – September 14-17, Palisade
Organizers say it’s the state largest and oldest wine festival! Ready to experience what the Colorado wine scene has to offer?
33. Holly Berry House Folk Art Festival – September 15 – 17, Colorado Springs
More than 150 juried artisans from across the U.S. will showcase their artwork at Rock Ledge Ranch.
34. ColorFest – September 15 – 17, Pagosa Springs
Enjoy hot air balloons, beer, music, wine and more in Pagosa Springs.
35. Telluride Blues and Brews Festival – September 15 – 17, Telluride
There will be blues, beer and more at the Telluride Blues and Brews Festival in mid-September.
36. Uncorked Wine and Music Festival – September 16, Lake City
Enjoy music, food and wine at the Uncorked Wine and Music Fest, happening in downtown Lake City.
37. Miners Day – September 16, Frederick
There will be a parade, vendors, music and more in Christ Park.
38. Pirate Fest – September 16, Northglenn
We may be a land-locked state, but that doesn’t mean pirates can’t come and visit us from time to time. Enjoy some pirate adventures in Northglenn during the Pirate Fest!
39. Rocky Mountain Oktoberfest – September 16 and 17, Woodland Park
Enjoy the Rocky Mountain Oktoberfest at the Ute Pass Cultural Center.
40. Celebrate Constitution Week – September 17 – 23, Grand Lake
Week-long events will be celebrating the signing of the Constitution in Grand Lake.
41. Breckenridge Film Festival – September 21 – 24, Breckenridge
Enjoy tons of films (from documentaries to indie art projects) at the Breckenridge Film Festival!
42. High Elevation Rock Festival – September 22 and 23, Greenwood Village
Many rock bands will rock out at the High Elevation Festival at Fiddler’s Green Amphitheater.
43. Chile and Frijoles Festival – September 22 – 24, Pueblo
Enjoy music, arts and crafts, cooking competitions and a lot of chilies at Union Avenue in Pueblo.
44. Heritage Brew Festival – September 23, Manitou Springs
Enjoy many varieties of breweries from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. in Memorial Park. Tickets start at $30.
45. SNEFFELS Fiber Arts Festival – September 23 and 24, Ridgway
Anannual fiber festival in Ridgway featuring more than 25 fiber arts vendors and artists.